Trailhead Christian Counselor Statement of Faith and Application
Trailhead Christian Counseling is committed to serving the Christian community with excellence and integrity, using the Bible as our foundation. In order to maintain these principles, all members (counselors) agree to and profess the following “Statement of Faith.”
- I believe that there is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). I believe Jesus is God, in equal standing with the Father and the Holy Spirit (Colossians 1:15-20, 2:9).
- I believe the Bible is God’s written revelation to man and is verbally inspired and authoritative.
- I believe in the deity of Jesus Christ who existed as God before anything was created (John 1:1), His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23), sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption (1 Peter 2:24), bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven (1 Corinthians 15:3-8), present ministry of intercession for us (Hebrews 7:24-25) and His return to earth in power and glory (Matthew 24:30). He is the world’s only Savior and is the Lord of all (John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Isaiah 45:21-23).
- I believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4), that He performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers (1 Corinthians 3:16), enabling them to live a godly life (Romans 8:14).
- I believe Man was created in the image of God, but because of sin was alienated from God. Alienation can be removed by accepting God’s gift of salvation by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-10), which was made possible by Christ’s death and resurrection. This faith is evidenced by the works that we do (James 2:17, 26).
- I possess a verifiable Christian testimony indicating a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and professing the “Statement of Faith.”
- I attend a fellowship of believers, regularly and actively supporting that ministry, and living under the discipline of that body.
- I share the conviction that believers are to bear one another’s burdens as seen in Galatians 6:2.
- I believe the Biblical doctrine that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and therefore are to be kept pure.
- I do not engage in sex outside of traditional Christian marriage, defined as between one man and one woman.
- I do not use illegal drugs in any form, or abuse legal drugs or alcohol.